the tango

the tango

Friday, March 13, 2009

Touching up old work













I painted the Cat in the window...called "The Many Colored Cat" several years back and due to it's size it had only been out of my studio once. Last year, however, it got to go to the Mad Hatter for the summer show. A woman from NYC called me re Hens in the Kitchen, which she bought and took back with her, but also gave me some feedback on the cat..."it's eyes are not like cat eyes but more like human eyes." So this week i put it back on the easel and i think i was able to improve on it's looks. Anyway, the cat looks happier in this version...and i am happier to reexhibit the painting with an update.

The other painting i re did was a still life of a bowl of fruit which was in the cubist tradition. I liked the painting but decided it was a bit too busy and did not have all the "VanderMeer colors" in it...I like it this way and think a red frame will set it off.

No comments: