the tango

the tango

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Always Colorful and Sometime Crazy


Ok so my husband dan says i need to slow down with the paintings! I have been on a roll and if you know anything about being creative and the muse being with you, your have to strike while the iron is hot. I called Jane Filer, my friend and teacher for many years at her house at the beach.She is getting ready for her spring show at Tyndall Galleries in Chapel Hill and tells me she has painted 19 new ones, Go Jane.
So we were both feeling happy that we feel like painting and are able to "pull it off". Painting is hard work and it is a profession. In fact one book i was reading says that being a good painter is like being a good musician. "It takes as much practice to learn to paint as it does to learn to play the violin. "
I painted this painting right after "Cupcake Fever." I had learned that a dog named Puck, whose portrait i painted had gone to dog heaven. Using Puck's sweet face i put him (or his likeness) in the new one i call "The Paris Bakery". If you have been to Paris you know how they take their dogs out dining. So i painted the women at the Bakery with their lap dogs ...getting ready to eat some delicious cake.

No comments: