the tango

the tango

Sunday, September 7, 2008

why i paint

this week i got a wonderful note from the new owner of "Harriet's Bluff" one of my favorite painting and a real name of a place that i pass by on my way back and forth to Florida and North Carolina.
The painting is a gift to herself...how often do we allow ourselves to indulge in something that captures our heart? A work of art is something that stands the test of time and unlike a new dress or dessert, it is something to enjoy daily. The letters and notes i receive from people who buy my work let me know that what i do now, as a career in some ways, is what i did in my career in Nursing. I have always felt the human spirit needed nurturing and what better way to nurture that but to create paintings that bring joy. So thanks to all of you who continue to say to me that my work brings smiles to your faces...and often let me know exactly where the painting will hang in it's new home...

No comments: