the tango

the tango

Sunday, December 13, 2009

End of 2009 Paintings

Painting has taken a back seat lately to the kitchen makeover so the past few days I have been working on small paintings for my website and a few more. The music I have been painting to is an cd I just found...oldies from living in Durham in the 1980's by a singer I heard at the Arts Center in Carrboro named Nanci Griffith, the album is Little Love Affairs' and she has one song I love called "Love Wore a Halo" If you have not heard her she is worth a listen...she is not touring in the usa anymore.
In some of these new works, I have used mixed media to create textures ie gels, including glass beads and the wonderful things Golden makes to add to your paintings. I also used paper to create some different surfaces...hope you enjoy, they can all be purchased by calling me or emailing me.

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: