the tango

the tango

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Paint it Red: Daily Paintings from the Red Door Studio

Studying art and how the great artists painted is a wonderful way to learn about art and what makes a painting work...but for me turning the painting upside down to look at the composition, how the positive and negative spaces create a whole, is my standard method. My painting teacher said, and i agree, "you have to love every inch of a painting" so that is my painting goal: Love the painting and love it as if you could not possibly part with it. I use acrylics(no patience for oil painting since i change my mind too often and paint out of my head), you will notice how the color red seems to find a place in my painting subjects. So that is how my blog got it's name. For this blog of daily works i am painting, as i do, for the love of painting...I hope you like and possibly love what i do .If you want to purchase a painting please email me at jvande2020@aol.com

No comments: